Customer was running PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 (HR, PY, T&L, ePay, BB, BA, eBen, eComp, eDev, ePer, ePro, Rec) which was going off extended support in June 2015. To stay up with current functionality and maintain product support for tax updates, patches and bundles Customer decided to move forward with an upgrade to PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 in 2014. This would give them an opportunity to eliminate unwieldy customizations, streamline workflows, and introduce more user-friendly.
- An extremely aggressive target go live date.
- Customizations implemented with little or no documentation.
The primary focus of this project was a full solution cycle upgrade of PeopleSoft HCM v9.0 to v9.2 including new/updated functionality in the HCM area including:
- Refined utilization of the Training module.
- Base configuration of Compensation to support e-Compensation and corresponding Manager Self Service (MSS) elements.
- Configuration to enable improved utilization of combo-edits and accounting defaults.
- Various Work Centres, Dashboards, and Pivot Grids as defined:
- T&L Work Centre
- Payroll Work Centre
- E-Performance Work Centre
The ERPA Solution:
ERPA implemented a one-step upgrade process from PeopleSoft HCM version 9.0 to version 9.2, using Oracle recommended upgrade tools. ERPA reviewed all aspects of Customer’s operational systems, legacy customization, business processes, and focused on new/improved elements available in version 9.2. Features/functions operational in 9.0 Customer production were upgraded to their corresponding components in version 9.2. Our detailed documentation coupled with the continuous involvement of the client’s business and IT teams at every stage of the upgrade process enabled complete and timely knowledge transfer. ERPA team organized multiple user sessions to get Customer accustomed to the new application and interface. Effective knowledge transfer allowed for a minimal post-live support period saving Customer significant additional expense. Lastly, we initiated a post go live stabilization phase to closely monitor the system for the first four weeks in production.
ENVIRONMENT: PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 Upgrade to 9.2; PeopleTools 8.4; Oracle 11g.
- Improved documentation for system configuration and remaining custom components.
- Provided job qualification integrity by utilizing the Training functionality to support skills and certifications as they related to specific position/job requirements.
- Improved the structure and utilization of combo-edits and other key processes resulting in the creation and configuration of revised combo-edit scheme and associated rules.
- Worked closely with Customer Architects to ensure repeatable PUM processes for continuous improvement of HCM 9.2.
- Revised and standardized the GL to HR interface to eliminate unnecessary custom elements while preserving essential details.
- Eliminated significant T&L customizations and replaced with user maintainable rules and standard integrations between HCM and FSCM.