Customer is a public research university in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. It operates six academic faculties: the DeGroote School of Business, Engineering, Health Sciences, Humanities, Social Science, and Science. It is a member of the U15, a group of research- intensive universities in Canada. Customer is co-educational, and has over 25,000 under-graduate and over 4,000 post-graduate students. Customer opened in Toronto in 1890 and is currently a privately chartered, publicly funded non-denominational institution in 1957. The university was ranked 66th in the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Customer had recently implemented PeopleSoft HCM 9.2, PeopleSoft FSCM 9.2 and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2 applications with no data warehouse ecosystem. They desired having a single point of truth across all departments in order to satisfy all reporting requirements and support institutional research & effectiveness.
The ERPA Solution:
Oracle BI Applications (OBIA) 126.96.36.199.2 Custom Institutional Research and Effectiveness Analytics and Oracle Data Integration (ODI) was implemented to create a single source of truth across the university.
- High Availability Student Information Data Warehouse
- Enabled Strategies to Purge and Archive PeopleSoft Data
- Advanced Data Visualization and End User Manipulation
- Support for Department of Institutional Research reporting
- Establish a data warehouse platform with the ability to house all functional data sets in HR, Finance, Student and custom and provide cross functional reporting
- Oracle BI Applications (OBIA) 188.8.131.52.2